One of Tuscaloosa's best-kept secrets is a free Saturday event called Kentuck a la Carte. I suggest you promptly add this freebie of arts and crafts fun to your monthly calendar.
Ten really good reasons to visit Kentuck a la Carte with friends and family:
1. You might discover that your neighbor, Allison, has a secret watercolor talent.
2. You can learn about how to use plastic wrap with watercolors for cool resist effects.
3. Or print on watercolors with fruits.
4. You can learn how a clay artist creates a bas-relief lizard crawling out of a plate.
5. You might catch Hayes Dobbins demonstrating how to dig, refine, and prepare your own clay.
6. You might become fascinated enough to linger and learn.