Small piece of soft black fabric
1. Look at photos of koalas and notice the colors and texture of their fur, noses, and bodies.
2. Color picture of tree in brown crayon or colored pencil.
3. Choose a bright color to color the "K" and then another color for "is for koala".
4. Set aside cotton swabs and explain that you will use them to paint your koala by "dabbing" and "spreading" paint to create fuzzy fur..
5. Put two squirts of black paint and two squirts of white, and then use cotton swabs to dab first black paint and then white paint into furry area of koala. Layer and experiment with strokes to add fuzzy effect.
6. Add a dab of glue to the nose area on the koala and then stick the fabric atop the glue.
And your koala friend is ready to dry in a favorite sunny location.